Dr. Jennifer Ashton (IG: @drjashton) is the two-time Emmy Award Winning Chief Medical Correspondent for ABC News and Good Morning America. A popular guest speaker and moderator, she is among the leading voices in the country on Women’s Health, and the only doctor with a national television platform who is also a nutritionist and double board certified in Ob-GYN and Obesity Medicine.
Today we’re discussing Jen’s latest book, The Self-Care Solution.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How dry January led Jen to a year of monthly wellness challenges
- The power of connection and community
- Accountability helps you stay on track
- Perfection is not the goal, it’s all about the process
- Eating sugar makes you want more sugar
- How to quit sugar
- Build self-care into each day
- What is transcendental meditation (TM)?
- The benefits of a daily meditation practice
- Caffeine dehydrates your body, drink water
- How to drink more water each day
- The importance of laughter
- Reconnect with your inner child
- Children teach parents so much
- Being mindful of your technology use
- Tracking your sleep
- You have to make yourself a priority
- Time to re-evaluate your habits
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
286: Cal Newport – Digital Minimalism • Create Time For Solitude • Stop Socializing On Social Media
332: Dr. David Perlmutter – Brain Wash, Prioritizing Meditation, The T.I.M.E. Tool
329: Dr. Shefali Tsabary – Conscious Parenting, Vipassana Meditation, Letting Go Of Perfection
196: Sarah Wilson – I Quit Sugar • Living As A Nomad • A New Way To Look At Balance
134: Dr. Sanjiv Chopra – Coffee, Exercise, Vitamin D, Nuts & Meditation… The Big Five
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.