Dr. Jason Fung (IG: @drjasonfung) is a physician, author, and researcher. His groundbreaking science-based books about diabetes and obesity have sold hundreds of thousands of copies and challenged the conventional wisdom that diabetics should be treated with insulin.
This conversation is based off of Dr. Fung’s latest book, The Cancer Code: A Revolutionary New Understanding of a Medical Mystery.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is cancer?
- The history of cancer
- The 3 modern cancer paradigms
- Surgery, radiation, chemotherapy aka cutting, burning, poisoning
- The Human Genome Project & The Cancer Genome Atlas
- What causes genetic mutations?
- The 8 hallmarks of cancer
- The differences between unicellular & multicellular cells
- The environment is responsible for 70-80% of cancers
- Types of carcinogens
- Chronic sub lethal damage causes cancer
- Radiation treatment can cause secondary malignancies
- What is immune surveillance?
- Why does cancer develop to kill itself?
- The truth behind the high price of cancer drugs
- How effective are cancer drugs?
- Treating cancer with immunotherapy
- Nutrition and cancer
- Obesity is a big risk factor for cancer
- What is hyperinsulinemia?
- Insulin is a potent growth hormone
- The increased risk of cancer for type 2 diabetics
- Metastasis is not a late stage thing, it actually occurs very early on
- Treating cancer with adaptive therapy
- Intermittent fasting moves your body from growth mode into repair & regeneration mode
- Green tea has an anti-cancer effect
- The entire cancer field is changing
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
BLUblox <== 15% off the world’s most advanced blue light glasses
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Pique Tea <== 5% off all Pique Tea products & free shipping on orders over $60
Dr. Jason Fung – The Cancer Code (book)
Dr. Jason Fung’s website (The Fasting Method)
Follow Dr. Jason Fung on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Jason Fung – Life In The Fasting Lane (book)
Dr. Jason Fung (books)
Listen to Dr. Jason Fung previously on TUHP (episode #369)
The Human Genome Project
The Cancer Genome Atlas
Douglas Hanahan, Robert A Weinberg – Hallmarks Of Cancer (article)
Women’s Health Initiative
365: Dr. Uma Naidoo – This Is Your Brain On Food
352: Jenny Sansouci – Healing With Cannabis, CBD, & Mushrooms
316: Dr. William Li – Is Your Diet Feeding Or Defeating Disease?
280: Dr. Josh Axe – Keto Diet • Treating Cancer With Food • Collagen Is Essential
276: Chris Wark – Chris Beat Cancer • Toxic Emotions Suppress Immunity • Gratitude Is The Secret To Happiness
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.