Dr. Edith “Edie” Eger (IG: @dr.editheger) is a sought-after clinical psychologist and lecturer. She helps individuals discard their limitations, discover their powers of self-renewal, and achieve things they previously thought were unattainable.
Using her own past as a Holocaust survivor and thriver as a powerful analogy, she inspires people to tap their full potential and shape their very best destinies.
Today we’re chatting about Edie’s latest book, The Gift.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Facing discrimination for being a Jew
- We are born with joy and learn to hate
- Edie recalls being taken to Auschwitz in 1944
- Last words of advice from Edie’s mother
- Letting go of victim mentality
- Curiosity helped Edie survive
- Live in the present and never give up
- Do you play enough?
- The spirit never dies
- The cherished wound
- Relive the experience and revise your life
- The positive impact of going back to Auschwitz
- When you forgive, you free yourself
- Finding hope in hopelessness
- Daily life inside a concentration camp
- The bond of sisters
- The moment of liberation
Psychotherapist Reveals How to Be Mentally Strong in a World of Change & Uncertainty | Julia Samuel (#423)
How to Overcome Life’s Obstacles | Anne Lamott (#417)
Tana Amen – The Relentless Courage of a Scared Child (#392)
Sarah Wilson – This One Wild and Precious Life (#385)
362: Lori Gottlieb – Maybe You Should Talk To Someone
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.