Dr. Dale Bredesen (@dr_bredesen) is internationally recognized as an expert in the mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. He graduated from Caltech, then earned his MD from Duke University Medical Center.
Dr. Bredesen is the author of the New York Times bestselling book, The End of Alzheimer’s*. His book presents a groundbreaking plan to prevent and reverse Alzheimer’s disease that fundamentally changes how we understand cognitive decline.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Understanding Alzheimer’s disease
- Alzheimer’s is the 3rd leading cause of death in the US
- Why everyone should get a cognoscopy
- Prevention is key
- What actually causes Alzheimer’s?
- What is amyloid?
- The different types of Alzheimer’s
- The leaky gut connection
- Factors that can affect cognitive decline
- How to give yourself Alzheimer’s disease
- The Ketoflex 12/3 Diet
- Testing for the ApoE4 gene
- Ways to remove amyloid naturally
- Removal, resilience, and rebuilding
- Optimizing your health
- Assessing MoCA test results
- What is whole coffee fruit extract?
- The 4 phases of Alzheimer’s disease
- Knowing which tests to get done
- Benefits of cardiovascular and strength training
- Cleansing the brain during sleep
- The impact of chronic stress
- Seeking joy and meditation
CoreChair <== Apply the code tuhpcc at checkout for your listener discount (free shipping in North America)
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)*
Dr. Dale Bredesen – The End of Alzheimer’s (book)*
Dr. Dale Bredesen’s website
Follow Dr. Dale Bredesen on Facebook, and Twitter
The Bredesen Protocol™
Dr. Dean Ornish (books)*
Perfect Keto <== 20% off Perfect Keto exogenous ketones and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)*
Dr. Mike Merzenich’s website
Dr. Mike Merzenich – Soft-Wired (book)*
Matthew Walker PhD – Why We Sleep (book)*
Bennet Omalu Pathology
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.