Dr. Christiane Northrup is a visionary pioneer and a leading authority in the field of women’s health and wellness. She was a practicing OB/GYN physician for 25 years and now she’s an internationally respected writer and speaker. Dr. Northrup teaches women how to thrive at every stage of life.
Her work has been featured on Super Soul Sunday on OWN, The Oprah Winfrey Show, the Today Show, The View, Good Morning America, 20/20, and The Dr. Oz Show.
In this episode, we discuss:
- 1 in 5 people is an energy vampire
- Energy vampires target empaths
- What is an energy vampire?
- Energy vampires do not change
- Characteristics of an empath
- People who are trying to heal something within themselves go into the healing professions
- Are you an old-soul empath?
- Making empathy a major gift vs. a strain
- If your loved one is an energy vampire… how do you help them?
- Mystery illnesses that often come up in people being drained by an energy vampire
- A child should have a conscience of some kind by age 3
- We all need to have distress tolerance
- Awareness when it comes to energy vampires and empaths
- The pros of being an empath outweighs the cons a million to one
- Becoming a grey rock
- You can’t be good to anyone else as long as you are over-giving
- Ground yourself to decrease cellular inflammation
- Sleep is Dr. Northrup’s go-to healer
- Dr. Northrup’s morning routine
- A tea recipe for stimulating autophagy and burning fat
- Mouth breathing is a stress response
- Being able to comfortably breath through your nose when exercising
- Sleeping with your mouth taped shut
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
CoreChair <== 15% off your CoreChair purchase by using the code tuhpcc at checkout (free shipping in North America)
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Dr. Christiane Northrup – Dodging Energy Vampires (book)
Dr. Christiane Northrup’s website
Dr. Christiane Northrup – Flourish! (Hay House Radio)
Follow Dr. Northrup on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Christiane Northrup – Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom (book)
Dr. Christiane Northrup – The Wisdom of Menopause (book)
Dr. Christiane Northrup’s (books)
Listen to Dr. Christiane Northrup previously on TUHP (episode #73)
Dr. George Simon – In Sheep’s Clothing (book)
Sandra Brown – Women Who Love Psychopaths (book)
Caroline Myss (books)
Wild Wild Country (Netflix)
Our Family Wizard (app)
Daniel Giamario (books)
Mary Oliver (books)
Melanie Tonia Evans (books)
Karen Brody – Daring to Rest (book)
Daring to Rest website (Karen Brody)
The Grounded (documentary)
Doris Cohen PhD – Dreaming on Both Sides of the Brain (book)
Dr. John Douillard (books)
Naomi Whittel – Glow15 (book)
Jimmy Moore & Dr. Jason Fung – The Complete Guide to Fasting (book)
3M Micropore Paper Tape
Patrick McKeown – Close Your Mouth: Buteyko Clinic Handbook for Perfect Health (book)
Listen to Dr. Kara Fitzgerald previously on TUHP (episode #122)
332: Dr. David Perlmutter – Brain Wash, Prioritizing Meditation, The T.I.M.E. Tool
303: Emily Fletcher – Stress Less… Accomplish More, Mindfulness vs. Meditation, Secrets To Manifesting
298: Kate Northrup – Do Less, Surrender Your Control, Yoga Nidra
288: Dr. Steven Lin – The Dental Diet • Oxygen Is The Most Crucial Nutrient • Vitamin K1 vs. K2
126: Jimmy Moore – The Ketogenic Diet & The Health Benefits Of Being In Ketosis • Fasting 101
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.