On today’s minicast, we are speaking with Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn Jr., a medical doctor who promotes a plant-based diet. He is the author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease and is a former Olympic gold medalist in rowing.
Recently he was in Windsor doing a talk on his revolutionary, scientifically-proven, nutrition-based cure for heart disease. After the talk we were able to pull him aside for a short interview.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Cardiovascular disease is preventable
- Consuming oil is detrimental to your health
- The magic molecule that protects our blood vessels
- The Mediterranean diet isn’t healthy
- How to get through to a “healthy” younger population
- Changes in the natural health world over the past 30 years
- How Dr. Esselstyn’s career evolved
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn Jr. – Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease (book)
Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn Jr.’s website
Follow Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn Jr. on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Forks Over Knives (documentary)
Rip Esselstyn (Engine2Diet)
018: Dr. Joel Kahn – Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease With Plants, Stop Fearing Flax & Soy, Whole Grains Are Healthy
096: Dr. Joel Kahn – The Gut-Heart Connection • Paleo vs. Low-Fat Vegan Diet • Top Heart Health Foods
166: Nina Teicholz – Stop Fearing Saturated Fat • What’s The Deal With Cholesterol? • The Coconut Oil Controversy
178: Mark Sisson – Ketosis Curbs Hunger • The Healthiest Oil • Reboot Your Metabolism
066: Dr. Elson Haas – Nutrition, The Foundation Of Health | Stop Stress In Its Tracks | Key Nutrients That Support Immunity
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.