Dr. Andrew Weil (IG: @drweil) received a degree in botany from Harvard and an M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
He’s the founder and director of the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine. The Center is the leading effort in the world to develop a comprehensive curriculum in integrative medicine.
Dr. Weil is a founder and partner of the growing group of True Food Kitchen restaurants.
He’s an internationally recognized expert on medicinal plants, alternative medicine, and the reform of medical education. Dr. Weil is the author of many scientific articles and 15 books.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Foraging edible prince mushrooms
- Are you suffering from nature deficit disorder?
- Social interaction is good for your emotional well-being
- Strive for contentment
- The path to spontaneous happiness
- The goal of meditation
- Yoga helps quiet the mind
- Allow yourself to experience lowered moods
- Social media sabotages your attention span
- An anti-inflammatory diet can help treat depression
- Stay physically fit through daily activities
- Secrets to healthy aging in Okinawa
- Omega-3 fatty acids and mental health
- How vitamin D impacts your mood
- Multi nutrient supplements help PTSD sufferers
- The method of using a mantram
- Sound has a profound influence on your nervous system
- Unplug your consciousness from the news
- Zoonotic diseases & COVID-19
- Eat less animal foods and more plant foods
- Using psilocybin for depression, OCD, and end of life care
- The impact of companion animals
- Matcha contains the calming amino acid L-theanine
- Dr. Weil’s experience with intermittent fasting
- Practicing 4-7-8 breathing to help with sleep
- 2 capsules of valerian root extract help induce sleep
- Melatonin is good for immune & cancer protection
- The importance of dreams
- Keep a dream journal for lucid dreaming
- Foraging for medicinal mushrooms (polypores)
- Chaga mushroom is used for the treatment of cancer
- Astragalus is used to prevent the cold & flu
- Steam rooms vs. saunas
- Expressing gratitude improves your mood
- Strive for an inner state of balance & resilience
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping on orders over $50)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
BLUblox <== 15% off the world’s most advanced blue light glasses
Dr. Andrew Weil – Spontaneous Happiness (book)
Dr. Andrew Weil’s website
Follow Dr. Andrew Weil on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Listen to Dr. Andrew Weil previously on TUHP (episode #295)
Dr. Andrew Weil (books & more)
Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine
True Food Kitchen
Agaricus augustus (prince mushroom)
Bonnie J. Kaplan, PhD
David Quammen – Spillover (book)
Fantastic Fungi (documentary)
Matcha Kari – Save 15% by using the code “UHP15” at checkout
362: Lori Gottlieb – Maybe You Should Talk To Someone
361: Dr. Alejandro Junger – Living In A Higher State Of Consciousness
359: Dr. Daniel Amen – The End Of Mental Illness
352: Jenny Sansouci – Healing With Cannabis, CBD, & Mushrooms
305: Dave Asprey – Game Changers, Practicing Gratitude & Forgiveness, Holotropic Breathing vs. Ayahuasca
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.