Dr. Andrew Weil (IG: @drweil) received a degree in botany from Harvard and an M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
He’s the founder and director of the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine. The Center is the leading effort in the world to develop a comprehensive curriculum in integrative medicine.
Dr. Weil is a founder and partner of the growing group of True Food Kitchen restaurants.
He’s an internationally recognized expert on medicinal plants, alternative medicine, and the reform of medical education.
Dr. Weil is the author of many scientific articles and 15 books.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Adjusting to the pandemic and life on Cortes Island
- The mentors that helped shape Dr. Weil’s life
- Travelling at age 17 impacted Dr. Weil’s perspective on the world
- From medical school to studying plant medicine
- Writing his 1st book, The Natural Mind about drugs and consciousness
- Psychedelics becoming mainstream
- Dr. Weil recalls his personal experiences with cannabis & psychedelics
- Travelling around Latin America writing about healing & alternative health
- Learning about ayahuasca & psilocybin mushrooms from shamans
- When you get the message, hang up the phone
- Characteristics of a true healer
- Dr. Weil teaches his philosophy of integrative medicine
- Speaking the truth
- Dr. Weil’s tips for longevity in career and health
- Evolving your physical activity as you age
- Make your own fermented foods
- The process of growing shiitake mushrooms
- How to maintain cognitive sharpness
- The best foods for brain health
- Understanding what types of fish are sustainable
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Four Sigmatic <== Save up to 40% off Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee bundles
Dr. Andrew Weil’s website
Follow Dr. Andrew Weil on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Listen to Dr. Andrew Weil previously on TUHP (episode #295 and #366)
Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine
Matcha Kari – Save 15% by using the code “UHP15” at checkout
Richard Evans Shultes (books)
Robert Fulford (books)
National Institute of Mental Health
Dr. Andrew Weil – The Natural Mind (book)
Timothy Leary (books)
Albert Hofmann (books)
Institute of Current World Affairs
Dr. Andrew Weil – The Marriage of the Sun and Moon (book)
Alan Watts (books)
Andrew T. Weil, M.D., Norman E. Zinberg, M.D., & Judith M. Nelsen, M.A. – Clinical and Psychological Effects of Marijuana in Man (published paper, 1968)
Dr. Andrew Weil – Health and Healing (book)
Dr. Andrew Weil, Winifred Rosen – From Chocolate To Morphine (book)
Sylvia Earle (Mission Blue)
Dr. Tom O’Bryan – You Can Fix Your Brain (#403)
378: Marta Zaraska – Growing Young Through Friendship, Optimism & Kindness
375: James Sebastiano – Chasing The Present
361: Dr. Alejandro Junger – Living In A Higher State Of Consciousness
352: Jenny Sansouci – Healing With Cannabis, CBD, & Mushrooms
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.