Dr. Alan Goldhamer is one of the world’s leading experts on medically supervised, water-only fasting.
He’s an author and frequent lecturer and speaker on fasting, diet and treatment of chronic diseases to achieve optimum health.
In 1984, Alan founded and became Director of TrueNorth Health Center in Santa Rosa, California; since then, he has supervised the fasting and care of more than 20,000 patients.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who can benefit from water fasting?
- The 5 categories of adverse events
- The process of healing at TrueNorth Health Center
- Education is a critical part of making radical changes
- Prepping, adapting and what to expect during the fasting process
- Visceral fat causes inflammation
- Intermittent fasting limits your feeding window
- What is the SOS Diet?
- Recommendations for weight loss
- The psychological and emotional healing responses to fasting
- How Alan became interested in fasting
- Alan shares his 1st fasting experience
- Alan’s personal fasting routine
- How the fasting landscape has changed over the years
- Alan’s thoughts on dry fasting
- What type of water is recommended?
- Don’t supplement minerals during a fast
- Preventing the leading causes of death
- The importance of a diet high in prebiotics
- How much fiber is there in beef?
- Pooping and water fasting… what’s happening here?
- Good bowel preparation and refeeding after fasting
- Why it’s important to eliminate caffeine before fasting
- There’s no reason to include highly fractionated, refined oil in your diet
- Alan’s thoughts on the Mediterranean Diet
- In the long run… a high protein, high fat diet will compromise health
- How to make a salad dressing without oil
- Too much salt makes you fat
- Reversing chronic health conditions with the SOS Diet
- 1/3 of the population is salt sensitive
- Hidden sources of sugar & salt
- Supplementing with B12 and vitamin D
- Vegan sources of DHA
- Find out if you are a candidate for water-only fasting
BiOptimizers <== 10% off BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough by using the code ultimatehealth10 at checkout. Stock up and get a free bottle of MassZymes and P3-OM
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Dr. Alan Goldhamer’s website (TrueNorth Health Center)
Follow Dr. Alan Goldhamer on Facebook
Dr. Douglas Lisle & Dr. Alan Goldhamer – The Pleasure Trap (book)
Dr. Alan Goldhamer – The Health Promoting Cookbook
Dr. Valter Longo (books)
Mamasezz (prepared meal delivery)
LeafSide (simple plant-based success)
Herbert Shelton (books)
T. Colin Campbell (books)
Luigi Fontana – The Path To Longevity (book)
John McDougall (books)
Rames Bravo – Bravo! (book)
Rames Bravo – Bravo! Express (book)
Medical Doctor REVEALS a Proven Plan to Beat Burnout and BOOST YOUR ENERGY Today! | Dr. Amy Shah (#431)
Dr. Will Cole on Intuitive Fasting to Recharge Your Metabolism and Renew Your Health (#393)
Dave Asprey – Fast This Way to Burn Fat and Heal Inflammation (#389)
Andrea Hannemann (Earthy Andy) on Healing Chronic Health Issues by Embracing a Plant-Based Diet (#386)
369: Dr. Jason Fung – Stop Snacking & Start Fasting
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.