Danielle Walker (IG: @daniellewalker) is a New York Times bestselling cookbook author, health advocate, wellness expert and self-trained chef.
After being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease at age 22 and suffering for many years, Danielle found health through dietary and lifestyle changes. Inspired by her own health journey, Danielle shares her gluten-free recipes on her blog, Against All Grain as a beacon of hope for others.
For over a decade she has been a pioneer in advocating for a grain and gluten free lifestyle, having earned a spot on the coveted Forbes 30 under 30 list in 2015.
Danielle regularly shares her health journey, recipes and expert tips on the TODAY Show, The Doctors, and many other nationally syndicated shows. Her work has been featured in People, O Magazine, USA Today, and more.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis at age 22
- Incorporating dietary and lifestyle changes into Danielle’s healing journey
- Stress causes flare ups
- Having a supportive family during a health crisis
- Prolonged symptoms from ulcerative colitis can cause organs to shut down
- Danielle’s life-threatening trip to Uganda
- Managing an eating disorder
- Going gluten-free
- A general overview of the SCD and GAPS diets
- Danielle’s husband reaped the health benefits of switching his diet too
- The difference between ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- The origin story behind Danielle’s blog, Against All Grain
- Why some women with autoimmune diseases go into remission during pregnancy
- Managing ulcerative colitis flare ups postpartum
- The benefits of eating an anti-inflammatory diet
- Danielle’s inspirations during her health journey
- Turning Against All Grain into a successful business
- Danielle’s passion for recipe creation and drive to help her community
- Growing up with an entrepreneurial spirit
- The need and creating Link in Profile and Tap Bio
- Sharing personal grief from pregnancy and infant loss
- How to provide support for others dealing with loss
- It’s ok to say their name
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Danielle Walker’s website
Against All Grain website
Follow Danielle Walker (Against All Grain) on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Danielle Walker – Eat What You Love (book)
Danielle Walker – Against All Grain: Celebrations (book)
Danielle Walker – Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple (book)
Danielle Walker – Against All Grain (book)
Eat Well, Feel Great Cooking Course
Elaine Gottschall – Breaking The Viscious Cycle (book)
Stacy Toth, Matt McCarry – Real Life Paleo (book)
Bill Staley, Hayley Mason – Make It Paleo (book)
Dallas Hartwig, Melissa Hartwig – It Starts With Food (book)
Link in Profile
285: Dr. Izabella Wentz – Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology • Thyroid Testing • Stress, Trauma & Autoimmune Conditions
273: Dr. David Perlmutter – Grain Brain • Cholesterol Is Your Friend • What Is Keto Cycling?
254: Sarah Ballantyne – Pregnancy And Hypothyroidism • Reintroductions On AIP • The Cruciferous Vegetable Myth
124: Dr. Jill Carnahan – Toxic Mold • The Gut-Mind Connection • SIBO 101
091: Meghan Telpner – Sleeping Without The Enemy, Electronics • Expand Your Business Online • Healing From Crohn’s Disease
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.