Chris Kresser, M.S., L.Ac is a globally recognized leader in the fields of ancestral health, paleo nutrition, and functional and integrative medicine. He is the creator of ChrisKresser.com, one of the top 25 natural health sites in the world, and the author of the New York Times best seller, The Paleo Cure.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A decade long journey back to health
- Discovering the paleo diet
- Functional medicine combines conventional & traditional approaches
- Focusing on the root cause of disease
- Cultivating more pleasure and joy
- His latest book, Unconventional Medicine
- Taking back your individual health
- Training healthcare practitioners to make a bigger impact
- High statistics of children suffering with behavioural issues
- Access and cost of functional medicine needs to be looked at differently
- Conventional medicine subsidizes a certain type of treatment
- Impact functional medicine could have on society
- 2/3rds of all medical research is sponsored by pharmaceutical companies
- The definition of functional medicine
- The 3 aspects of the ADAPT process
- Traditional cultures around the world
- The future of medicine
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Chris Kresser – Unconventional Medicine (book)
Chris Kresser’s website
Follow Chris Kresser on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Chris Kresser – The Paleo Cure (book)
Sally Fallon – Nourishing Traditions (book)
Weston A. Price Foundation
Weston A. Price – Nutrition and Physical Degeneration (book)
Apex Energetics – GI Synergy (supplement)
Biotics Research – Dysbiocide (supplement)
Esalen Institute – Big Sur, California
Listen to Dr. Mark Hyman previously on TUHP (episode #214, #84, and #74)
Check out our wedding pics on Instagram & Facebook
Download our BRAND NEW TUHP iOS app (FREE)!
317: Dr. Will Cole – The Inflammation Spectrum, Managing Anxiety, Homeschooling
248: Evan Brand – Parasites, H. pylori, & Candida • Cavitation Surgery • Addressing Mental Health
246: Sachin Patel – Stealth Infections • Get Back To Nature • The 2 Types Of Mindset
145: Robb Wolf – You Can’t Cheat On Your Diet • Wired To Eat • Is The Paleo Diet Right For Everyone?
129: Dr. Frank Lipman – The Truth About Getting Old • Finding Passion And Meaning In Your Life (You Don’t Need To Quit Your Job)
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.