Chalene Johnson (IG: @chalenejohnson) is a world-renowned motivational speaker with more than 30 years as a health expert. She has sold millions of fitness videos and holds The Guiness Book of World Record for having starred in the most fitness videos. Chalene is a New York Times bestselling author and top health podcaster.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The brain scan that changed Chalene’s life
- Coming to terms with orthorexia
- The negative side of the fitness industry
- Chalene coming clean with her audience
- There’s more than one approach to health
- Allow time to heal
- The difference between “real food” and “clean food”
- Chalene’s before & after brain scan
- The downward cycle of prescriptions
- What is the 131 Method?
- The three phases of 131
- Pay attention to what you eat
- The trickery behind food marketing
- The four fasts of the 131 Method
- Starvation vs. fasting
- Refuelling with a clean slate
- Stop all the food rules
- Chalene’s current fitness & sleep routines
- Learning to relax
- Family time comes first
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Chalene Johnson – 131 Method (book)
Chalene Johnson’s website
Follow Chalene Johnson on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Chalene Johnson – Push (book)
The Chalene Show (podcast)
Build Your Tribe (Chalene’s podcast)
Dr. Daniel Amen (books)
Amen Clinics – Brain SPECT
Dr. Valter Longo – The Longevity Diet (book)
267: Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Isn’t My Brain Working?
291: Dr. Joseph Mercola – KetoFast • Near-Infrared Saunas • Stop Eating Before Bed
287: Dr. Steven Gundry – The Longevity Paradox • Exercise Impacts Your Microbiome • Top Sources Of Polyphenols
290: Dr. Alan Christianson – The Metabolism Reset Diet • Is Your Liver Overloaded? • Journaling Before Bed
273: Dr. David Perlmutter – Grain Brain • Cholesterol Is Your Friend • What Is Keto Cycling?
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.