Cathy Heller (IG: @cathy.heller) is a fire hose of inspiration. She’s the host of the popular podcast Don’t Keep Your Day Job, which was given the #1 spot on iTunes recommend list of shows for the New Year in 2018 and 2019. In the fall of 2019 Cathy released her first book under the same name (Don’t Keep Your Day Job).
She is a phenomenal coach for creative entrepreneurs and she’s helping people everywhere find a deeper sense of purpose and add their gifts to the world. Cathy often says “purpose is the opposite of depression” and she is truly lifting others to be the happiest version of themselves.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Cathy’s complicated childhood
- Freedom to explore without judgement
- Finding fulfillment through life and work
- What happened to Cathy after being dropped by Interscope Records?
- From studying humanities to living in Jerusalem
- We’re all connected to something deeper
- Transitioning your hobby into a career
- Who are you creating for?
- The 4 archetypes explained
- Finding other ways to do what you love
- What am I best at?
- We are put here to serve
- Figure it out in every moment
- Everyone wants to be seen
- Share your vulnerability
- Give yourself permission to be mediocre
- Engage with your community
- Find time for balance
- Sitting with your thoughts
- Start building your side hustle
- Learn to be loved
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Cathy Heller – Don’t Keep Your Day Job (book)
Cathy Heller’s website
Follow Cathy Heller on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Don’t Keep Your Day Job (podcast)
Passion Finder Quiz
2020 Vision: 5 Days To Find Your Life’s Work – FREE challenge
Howard Schultz (books)
Barbara Corcoran (books)
Listen to Gretchen Rubin previously on TUHP (episodes #207 and #037)
Gretchen Rubin (books)
Gay Hendricks – The Big Leap (book)
Chris Gillebeau (books)
Brene Brown (books)
Listen to Jonathan Fields previously on TUHP (episodes #263 and #123)
Jonathan Fields (books)
Almost 30 (podcast)
UCLA Mindfulness Awareness Research Center
Susan Kaiser Greenland (books)
327: Eric Thomas – The Secret To Success, Learn By Teaching, We All Need Inspiration
313: Chase Jarvis – Creativity Is A Habit (Not A Skill) Available To Everyone
298: Kate Northrup – Do Less, Surrender Your Control, Yoga Nidra
236: Candice Kumai – Embracing Imperfection • Connecting With Our Elders • Matcha 101
208: Gabby Bernstein – Judgment Detox • Forgiveness As A Practice • Why We Avoid Vulnerability
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.