Candice Kumai is an internationally-renowned wellness writer, classically trained chef & content creator, described by ELLE magazine as “The Golden Girl of the Wellness World.” She’s a five-time best-selling author and former tv host and model.
Candice sits on The Well+Good Council and was recently named one of Arianna Huffington’s “Top 20 New Role Models in 2017.”
In this episode, we discuss:
- Candice’s struggle with feeling imperfect
- You can do anything in your lifetime but you’ll have to work for it and it won’t be easy or perfect
- What is kintsugi?
- People are drawn to realness and vulnerability
- Being terrified when Kintsugi Wellness hit shelves
- Growing up with tough love
- Candice’s real path to success
- What do you have to show for when the battery dies?
- Connecting with people on another level through Instagram
- Keep your media face close to who you are in person
- How to go far with your brand
- What is matcha and incorporating it into a variety of recipes
- What to look for when buying matcha
- Connecting and learning from our elders
- For the first 12 years of Candice’s career, she never took a break
- Candice’s meditation practice
- Start doing more research on who you’re following and what their background is
CoreChair <== 15% off your CoreChair purchase by using the code tuhpcc at checkout (free shipping in North America)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
Candice Kumai – Kintsugi Wellness (book)
Candice Kumai’s website
Follow Candice Kumai’s on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Candice Kumai – Clean Green Eats (book)
Candice Kumai – Clean Green Drinks (book)
Candice Kumai – Pretty Delicious (book)
Candice Kumai – Cook Yourself Sexy (book)
Candice Kumai’s Matcha Master Class
Listen to Lewis Howes previously on TUHP (episode #65)
Listen to Lori Harder previously on TUHP (episode #235 & #108)
Listen to Aubrey Marcus previously on TUHP (episode #233)
Lauryn Evarts – The Skinny Confidential (book)
Almost 30 Podcast
Matcha Love (organic ceremonial matcha)
Oprah & Deepak’s 21-Day Meditation Experience (iOS & Android app)
321: Neil Pasricha – You Are Awesome, Intentional Living, Becoming Anti-Fragile
306: Haemin Sunim – Let Go Of Perfectionism, Combat Depression, Take Things Slowly
295: Dr. Andrew Weil – Cooking As A Form Of Meditation, Moods Are Contagious, Microdosing Psilocybin
242: Sarah Knight – You Do You • Happiness In Imperfection • Managing Anxiety
104: Carrie-Anne Moss – Life Outside The Matrix • Embracing Imperfection • The Yoga Of Awareness
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.