Blake Mycoskie (IG: @blakemycoskie) is a serial entrepreneur, philanthropist, and bestselling author most known for founding TOMS Shoes.
In the Spring of 2020, he co-founded his newest company, Madefor. This is a ten-month program that applies the principles of modern neuroscience, psychology, and physiology to make your brain and body better.
In his free time, you can find Blake outside enjoying nature whether it is rock climbing, surfing or snowboarding.
In this episode, we discuss:
- COVID-19 struck when Blake was attending a 7-day silent Vipassana retreat
- Blake’s morning routine
- Journaling allows you to focus on the present moment
- Intermittent fasting helps recalibrate your body
- Growing your own garden is a valuable teaching experience
- Experiencing financial freedom & time freedom after the sale of TOMS Shoes
- Suffering is the path to inner awareness
- Preparing for a good night’s sleep
- Stop using your smartphone as an alarm clock
- Where did the name Madefor come from?
- How do I use my life to help others?
- The mental health epidemic
- Eliminate distractions to do your best work
- Measuring success by helping people, not money
- The story of TOMS
- The idea of sell one, give one
- The lessons of becoming a dad
- The power of gratitude
- Smiling at others and looking at them in the eyes
- A sense of community and human connection helps you live longer
- Schedule your time to maintain balance
- The best part about living on a sailboat for 6 years
- The concept of essentialism
- Exercise & movement needs to be fun
- What’s your personal mission statement?
- Understanding breathwork
- Focus on one habit for 30 days
- Ultimate health = freedom
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Follow Blake Mycoskie on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Blake Mycoskie – Start Something That Matters (book)
Listen to Dr. Satchin Panda previously on TUHP (episode #353)
Andrew Huberman – Huberman Labs
Pat Dossett (Instagram)
Marty Siegelman – Positive Psychology Center
Listen to Dan Buettner previously on TUHP (episode #170)
Dan Buettner – The Blue Zones (book)
Listen to Greg McKeown previously on TUHP (episode #250)
Greg McKeown – Essentialism (book)
XPT Life (app)
Listen to Laird Hamilton previously on TUHP (episode #323)
Listen to Gabby Reece previously on TUHP (episode #324)
Wim Hof – The Wim Hof Method (book)
360: Dr. Robin Berzin – Transforming Medicine, Balancing A Career & Motherhood, Overcoming Cystic Acne
359: Dr. Daniel Amen – The End Of Mental Illness
358: Jack Canfield – The Success Principles
350: Courtney Carver – Simplify Your Life & Closet
332: Dr. David Perlmutter – Brain Wash, Prioritizing Meditation, The T.I.M.E. Tool
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.