He hosts the Aubrey Marcus Podcast with over 10 million downloads. Aubrey regularly provides commentary to outlets like Entrepreneur, Forbes, The Doctors and The Joe Rogan Experience. He has been featured on the cover of Men’s Health and just released his first book, Own the Day, Own Your Life.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Releasing Aubrey’s new book Own the Day, Own Your Life
- The catalyst for a big change in his life at age 30
- Onnit started out producing hangover supplements
- The entire Onnit empire was built on the back of podcasts
- We lose over a pound of water overnight, just from breathing
- Sunshine and movement set your circadian rhythm
- The benefits of a cold shower (acute stress)
- Can you push yourself to do the uncomfortable things because they’re good for you?
- Utilizing the time you spend commuting
- Why Aubrey checks his emails first thing when he arrives at work
- Starting with the hardest thing first
- Cultivating the right scent environment
- Creating an inspiring office space
- Grinding out work at a coffee shop or cafe to minimize distractions
- Cultivating courage
- Using caffeine to feel like a superhero
- Matcha… the king of green teas
- Get weird with lunch
- Why Aubrey is a big fan of napping
- If Aubrey could only keep one biohack, it would be… binaural beats
- Squeezing in a nap if you have a 9-5 job
- You’re going to be your strongest in the afternoon
- Exercise is a bonafide miracle drug
- We’re simultaneously more and less connected than ever
- Building intentional community
- Kids can teach us how to play
- Shutting down your phone to rest and recover
- The bedroom should be used for sex and sleep
- Aubrey does two different types of journaling
- A ginger hack if you’re feeling too full after a meal
CoreChair <== 15% off your CoreChair purchase by using the code tuhpcc at checkout (free shipping in North America)
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Aubrey Marcus – Own the Day, Own Your Life (book)
Aubrey Marcus’ website
Follow Aubrey Marcus on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Onnit Alpha Brain
Robert Greene (books)
Four Sigmatic Mushroom Matcha Drink Mix
Nick Littlehales – Sleep (book)
Listen to Charlie Hoehn previously on TUHP (episode #172)
222: Focus Friday – More Play
295: Dr. Andrew Weil – Cooking As A Form Of Meditation, Moods Are Contagious, Microdosing Psilocybin
290: Dr. Alan Christianson – The Metabolism Reset Diet • Is Your Liver Overloaded? • Journaling Before Bed
261: Debbie Millman – Manifesting Your Goals • Courage Before Confidence • Everything Worthwhile Takes Time
236: Candice Kumai – Embracing Imperfection • Connecting With Our Elders • Matcha 101
159: Dave Asprey – Block Junk Light From Your Life • Head Strong • The One Minute Cold Shower Challenge
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.