Arianna Huffington (IG: @ariannahuff) is the founder and CEO of Thrive Global, the founder of The Huffington Post, and the author of 15 books, including, most recently, Thrive and The Sleep Revolution.
In 2016, she launched Thrive Global, a leading behaviour change tech company with the mission of changing the way we work and live by ending the collective delusion that burnout is the price we must pay for success.
She has been named to Time Magazine’s list of the world’s 100 most influential people and the Forbes Most Powerful Women list.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How hard it is to change behaviours
- Microsteps are based on the 60 second concept
- The judgement free zone
- Picking a time of day to unplug and recharge
- There is no microstep too small
- When we feel successful, we want to do better
- Having an accountability buddy for inspiration and motivation
- Failure is a stepping stone to success
- Be open to possibilities
- Connecting with your intuition
- Heartbreak leads to some of the best things in our lives
- Working mothers are struggling during the pandemic
- Arianna’s success as a writer to starting The Huffington Post and Thrive Global
- What is habit stacking?
- Sleep is a keystone habit
- The value of downtime
- Arianna being diagnosed with burnout in 2007
- We need 7-9 hours of sleep
- A power nap can restore you
- If you can breathe, you can meditate
- Mindfulness as part of your busy day
- The difference between stacking microsteps and multitasking
- Arianna’s 30 minute transition before sleep
- Keep improving your habits every day
- Giving yourself a break
- Getting creative with our addictions
Marina Khidekel (forward & contributions by Arianna Huffington) – Your Time to Thrive (book)
Arianna Huffington’s website
Follow Arianna Huffington on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
The Huffington Post
Arianna Huffington (books)
Listen to Arianna Huffington previously on TUHP (episode #107)
Margaret Wise Brown, Clement Hurd – Goodnight Moon (book)
Arianna Huffington – Goodnight Smartphone (audible book)
Meditative Story Podcast by WaitWhat + Thrive Global
374: Dr. Jud Brewer – The Craving Mind, Finding Joy In Meditation, Overcoming Addictions
358: Jack Canfield – The Success Principles
337: Dr. Jennifer Ashton – The Self-Care Solution
336: John Assaraf – Innercise, Goal Setting, Are You Committed?
238: Tara Mackey – WILD Habits • Natural Ways To Calm Your Anxiety • Approaching Gratitude Differently
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.