Today we are talking with Anthony Anderson of Grow Paradise, a project dedicated to creating paradise in our current surroundings. Paradise creation can be applied to every aspect of our lives. Anthony is passionate about growing his own food (permaculture), homesteading and healthy living. He hosts Eco-Adventure Retreats on the Big Island of Hawaii.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Anthony’s health journey
- Dumpster diving and freeganism
- The hybridization of modern fruit
- Anthony’s previous struggle with bulimia
- The evolution of Anthony’s diet over the years and what he is currently eating
- The dangers of absolutes when it comes to diet
- Outside of food, other things Anthony does to maintain his health
- How simplicity can benefit your health
- The benefits of growing your own food
- How to grow next level plants
- How to produce healthy soil for your plants
- Healthy soil = healthy people
- The importance of organic crops and avoiding GMOs
- Homesteading and rocket mass heaters
- Anthony’s food forest in Minnesota
- Anthony’s upcoming Hawaiian Eco-Adventure Retreat
Grow Paradise’s Hawaiian Eco-Adventure Retreat
Follow Anthony Anderson on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
Climbing Coconuts In Hawaii (video)
Henry David Thoreau – Walden (book)
Crimethinc – Evasion (book)
Commodities Natural Market
Nature’s First Law: The Raw-Food Diet (book)
The Man Who Planted Trees (video)
Lawyer Nursery Inc
038: Take A Stand Against GMOs (Eat Organic) | Make Green Foods A Priority
034: Frank Giglio – ReWild Your Life | Eat Local & Thrive | Deep Nutrition With Fermented Foods
040: Ruth Tal – Eat, Juice, Sweat, Thrive | Fresh Restaurants | Fuelled By Passion + Plants
089: Dr. Josh Axe – Eat Dirt • Leaky Gut Is The Root Cause Of All Disease • Soil-Based Organisms
227: Andy Couturier – The Abundance Of Less • Enjoying The Process • Thinking For Yourself
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.