Since 1995, Alanis Morissette (IG: @alanis) has been one of the most influential singer-songwriter-musicians in contemporary music. Her deeply expressive music and performances have earned vast critical praise and seven Grammy awards.
Outside of entertainment, Alanis is a dedicated charitable activist and an avid supporter of mental health, female empowerment, as well as spiritual and physical wellness.
Today, we’re diving deep into her alternative ways of living and thinking about life.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Being a highly sensitive person from a young age
- How Alanis felt internally after rising to fame
- Nurture your self-expression
- The 3 pillars of relationships
- The practice of stillness
- The double-edged sword of work addiction
- Experiencing phases of burnout
- What is an embodiment practice?
- Listening to your body and going within
- An inquiry-based approach to life
- Imagining your deathbed
- Prioritizing quality relationships
- Starting a daily journaling practice
- The inspiration behind Alanis’ new meditation album
- Battling an eating disorder to becoming a nutritarian
- Alanis’ approach to feeding her 3 kids
- Her modern style of homeschooling
- Traveling the world and experiencing different cultures as a family
- Learning from the wisdom of healers
- Experimenting with supplements for perimenopause
- Using essential oils to enhance breathwork
Thrive Market <== Join Thrive Market today and get up to $30 off & choose a free gift with a value of up to $50
BiOptimizers <== Get your free bottle of Masszymes here
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Alanis Morissette – The Storm Before The Calm (album)
Alanis Morissette’s website
Follow Alanis Morissette on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Alanis Morissette (albums)
Conversations with Alanis Morissette
Stephen Porges (books)
Richard Schwartz – No Bad Parts (book)
Harville Hendrix (books)
Colette Dowling – The Cinderella Complex (book)
Listen or watch Byron Katie previously on TUHP (episode #419)
Byron Katie (books)
James Fallon – The Psychopath Inside (book)
Peter Levine (books)
Margaret Paul (books)
Debbie Ford (books)
Dr. Sue Johnson (books)
John Gottman (books)
Helen LaKelly Hunt (books)
Listen to Dr. Dan Siegel previously on TUHP (episode #381)
Dr. Dan Siegel (books)
Pia Mellody (books)
Listen to Nadine Artemis previously on TUHP (episodes #041, #088, and #188)
How to Heal the Pain of Your Past to Find Freedom & Inner Peace | Gabby Bernstein (#458)
How to Harness the Healing Power of Music | RIOPY (#454)
Alyson Stoner on Surviving the Entertainment Industry, Minimalism & Healing With Movement (#421)
382: Dr. Pedram Shojai – Becoming A Taoist Monk, Meditation Is the Ultimate Drug, Managing Your Life Garden
259: Dr. Gabor Maté – Trauma, Addiction, & The Use Of Psychedelics
Alanis Morissette photo credit: Shelby Duncan
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.