On today’s episode, we address the common misconception that people on a plant-based diet have trouble satisfying their hunger. This diet includes an array of delicious and filling options in the form of healthy carbs, fats and proteins. Knowing how and when to consume these macronutrients is the key to staying satiated.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What we eat
- What supplements we take
- What does the term plant-based mean?
- How to build the ultimate, sustaining smoothie
- The different types of oats and how to prepare them
- How to make a chia pudding
- Our own breakfast creation – banana mush
- How to make an epic elixir
- Why you need to stick with organic soy products
- A delicious guacamole recipe
- How quinoa can save the day when it comes to family dinners
- The recipe for a hearty quinoa bowl
- Some great healthy snack ideas
- How to soak your nuts and seeds for optimal digestion
- How to easily make coconut yogurt and kefir at home
- Why chocolate milk is a poor choice for after a workout and what to drink instead
- We give some healthy alternatives to classic dishes such as hamburgers, mac and cheese, pizza, bacon and eggs, cereal, BTLs and ice cream
Links to things we mentioned:
Healthforce Superfoods – Vitamineral Green (supplement)*
Garden of Life – Vitamin Code (supplement)*
Sunwarrior – Liquid Light (supplement)*
Marni Wasserman – Plant Based Diet Dummies (book)*
Our Instagram Accounts: @drjessechappus, @marniwasserman
Our Twitter Accounts: @drjessechappus, @marniwasserman
Four Sigmatic <== 10% off all Four Sigmatic products & free shipping over $100
San-J – Organic GF Tamari*
Vega – Omega Oil Blend (supplement)*
Marni Wasserman – Fermenting For Dummies (book)*
Yoso Coconut Yogurt
Mary’s Gone Crackers*
Neal Brothers – Organic Corn Chips*
Rizopia Rice Pasta*
Tinkyada Rice Pasta*
Marni’s Mac And Cheese Recipe
Coconut Bliss Ice Cream
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.