On today’s show, we are speaking with real food advocate, Vani Hari (Food Babe). She is on a mission to keep our food products free of artificial dyes, flavourings and sweeteners. Vani is also anti GMOs, antibiotics in meats, chemicals, food additives and preservatives. Her activism has lead to big changes in the food industry, positively influencing companies such as Subway, Kraft and Starbucks.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Vani’s health journey from childhood to sickness and now thriving
- How did the name Food Babe and the Food Babe Army come to be?
- The growth of Vani’s blog and her first taste of activism
- How Vani was able to get a chemical found in yoga mats removed from Subway bread in North America
- The push back Vani has gotten from companies such as Kraft and Starbucks
- You must become an ingredient label expert and if you don’t know an ingredient then put the product down
- How the word “natural” is unregulated
- The scary truth about over processed, fake veggie products
- You will feel better by ditching the processed foods
- Packaged foods can be good for you
- Cooking with coconut oil over olive oil
- Grass fed butter and ghee are healthy fats in the kitchen
Links to things we mentioned:
Vani’s website (Food Babe)
The Food Babe Way (book)
Gabriel Cousens M.D. – Spiritual Nutrition (book)
Yellow Barn Dynamic Pasta Sauce
Late July Snacks
Food For Life – Ezekiel Bread
Dr. Mark Hyman
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.