On this week’s episode, Tim Van Orden is back, and this time we have him for a full length episode.
He is a sought after coach and public speaker with 10 U.S. trail running championships under his belt.
Tim focuses on diet, exercise, and mental health in an attempt to see (and be) what’s possible.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Tim’s Achilles injury
- How Tim’s identity has shifted since the injury
- Eating for performance vs. eating for fulfilment
- How to turn a salad into a large meal that will take up to an hour and a half to eat
- Secrets to a next level salad
- The bacteria in your gut change depending on what you eat
- Celebrating the process instead of the result
- Tim’s experience with lyme disease and all about tics and lyme
- Positive Psychology vs. pathopsychology
- Positive emotions + engagement + relationships + meaning + accomplishment = authentic happiness
- Tim’s happiness additions – physical activity and quality food
- Physical activity creates new brain cells
- How Tim has dramatically improved his depression, naturally
- We hide our identity from the world and often from ourselves
- A different way of looking at depression
- Your brain is not always right (no pun intended)
- Leaders are often sociopaths, not feeling their own feelings and the feelings of others
- Making sure every moment has riches
- Become brilliant at you, right here
- Tim’s world famous green smoothie recipe
- To destem or not to destem, kale
- Happiness is a choice
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)
Tim Van Orden’s YouTube channel – Running Raw
Tim’s website – Running Raw
Previous minicast with Tim – Dealing With The Crap In (And On) Your Head
New York State Department of Health – Ticks & Lyme Disease
Martin Seligman – Authentic Happiness (book)
Kevin Kelly – 1000 True Fans (blog post)
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.