On this week’s episode, we are speaking with Tana Amen, the New York Times Bestselling author of The Omni Diet. She is a highly respected health and fitness expert who shares her healthy eating tips on The Huffington Post blog. Tana is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a brown belt in Kenpo Karate.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Tana’s health journey
- The Omni Diet… what is it?
- No one diet is right for everyone, ever
- You’ve gotta be a warrior
- Supplements that are great for brain health
- The best way to supplement with magnesium
- Vegan omega-3 supplementation
- Having a partner who supports your health goals
- Drinking wine is linked to breast cancer in women
- If you overdo caffeine is shuts down blood flow to your brain
- Captive gorillas get sick when they stray from their natural diet – an experiment
- How you live your life determines the health of your children and grandchildren
- Trans fat never leaves your body
- Exercising 30 minutes a day and live 11 years longer
- The research shows gluten is bad for the brain and gut
- Raising a health conscious child
- Is your autoimmune issue linked to your lifestyle?
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)
Tana’s Amen’s website
Like Tana’s Facebook Page
Tana Amen – The Omni Diet (book)
The Amen Clinics
BrainFitLife – includes brain type report
TUHP Episode 23: Smoothies, Juices, Elixirs & Everything In Between
brainMD Omega-3 Power – fish oil
TUHP Episode 61: Dave Asprey
The Pure Wraps
Dr. David Perlmutter
True Food Kitchen
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.