On today’s episode, we tackle the subject of sugar. Yes, the highly addictive, white powder that causes havoc in your body. We discuss the numerous detrimental effects sugar has on your health. On the bright side, we give a number of healthy kitchen swap outs and list the healthy sweeteners you can use in place of sugar.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Where does refined white sugar come from?
- Sugar leads to osteoporosis
- Sugar elevates dopamine in your brain, making it highly addictive
- Sugar decreases your immunity for up to five hours after consumption
- Too much sugar = adrenal burnout
- A number of processed sugars
- Sugary foods to look out for and healthy alternatives
- How to easily create your own ketchup at home
- The dangers of chemical sweeteners such as aspartame
- The problem with relying solely on the glycemic index numbers
- How to avoid candida issues and how to defeat it
- Healthy substitutes for refined sugar
- Fruit… the ultimate source of healthy sugar
- The 80/10/10 diet and why it’s lacking
- How to properly food combine when eating fruits
- How to naturally keep your blood sugar in check
- Ceylon and cassia cinnamon – what is the difference?
Links to things we mentioned:
Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (Marni’s book)
Yoso Coconut Yogurt
CocoVie Naturals Coconut Spread
Rawfoodz (salad dressings)
80/10/10 – Dr. Douglas N. Graham (book)
Fed Up (movie trailer)
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.