Srinivas Rao is the host and founder of the popular podcast, the Unmistakable Creative, where he’s interviewed over five hundred creative people. Former guests on the show include Seth Godin, Elle Luna, Tim Ferriss, Gretchen Rubin, Simon Sinek, Adam Grant, and Danielle LaPorte. His self-published book The Art of Being Unmistakable was a Wall Street Journal bestseller. Srinivas’ book An Audience of One was just released.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How surfing inspired Srini’s writing
- Being present in the moment
- Why Srini started writing a blog after graduating from business school
- What life-changing advice Srini received
- Learning how to listen
- How does somebody find passion?
- The evolution from Blogcast FM to Unmistakable Creative
- The art of an interview
- Srini’s struggle with depression
- Using metrics to quantify everything in Srini’s life
- The world is full of other people’s standards and information
- The role environment plays
- Clearing out things that aren’t serving you
- The people you surround yourself with matter
- Everything is a deliberate choice
- The impact of the information you consume
- What is digital junk food?
- Cognitive bandwidth
- How to avoid information overload
- Creating for an audience of one
- Problems with social media
- Do the thing you can control
- Hold yourself to higher standards
- Srini’s morning routine
- Creativity leads to happiness
Four Sigmatic <== 10% off all Four Sigmatic products & free shipping over $100
CoreChair <== Apply the code tuhpcc at checkout for your listener discount (free shipping in North America)
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
Srinivas Rao – An Audience of One (book)*
Srinivas Rao’s website
Unmistakable Creative Podcast (Srinivas’ podcast)
Follow Srinivas Rao on Facebook and Twitter
Srinivas Rao – Unmistakeable (book)*
Srinivas Rao (books)*
Unmistakable Creative Live from NYC with Sarah Peck
Blogcast FM (Srinivas’ 1st podcast)
Unmistakable Creative Podcast – The 9 Environments That Make Up Your Life with Jim Bunch
Unmistakable Creative Podcast – Naveen Jain: The Business and Mindset Blueprint of a Billionaire
Srinivas Rao – To Reach an Audience of Millions, Create for an Audience of One (article)
Unmistakable Creative Podcast – Mars Dorian: Expanding Your Creative Capacity through Collaboration
Unmistakable Creative Podcast – Understanding the Most Misunderstood Man in the World with Glenn Beck
Dani Shapiro (books)*
Michael Jackson – Thriller (album)*
Josh Hanagarne (books)*
Cal Newport’s blog
Chris McChesney, Sean Convey, & Jim Huling – The 4 Disciplines of Execution (book)*
Listen to Greg McKeown previously on TUHP (episode #250)
Steven Pressfield (books)*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.