Today we are speaking with health expert, Shawn Stevenson. Shawn shares his amazing story of how he was able to heal from and “incurable” spinal condition – degenerative disc disease. The 3 contributing factors that lead to his health transformation were diet, exercise and proper sleep. Shawn is the author of the book Sleep Smarter and is a true master when it comes to topic of sleep optimization. He hosts the hit podcast The Model Health Show where he shares life-changing information with people from around the globe.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Shawn went from being barely able to walk to a thriving health leader
- Committing 100% to not giving up
- You need to move your body to heal
- Movement, nutrition and sleep… the big 3 when it comes to healing
- It starts with upgrading your ingredients
- The power of listening to your body
- Shawn’s current diet and how it has evolved over the years
- Walking is the best form of exercise
- Long distance running ISN’T the secret to losing weight
- Stress is wreaking havoc on our health
- Sleep is essential for solidifying memories (like the epic info in this episode)
- Getting good sleep (“money time sleep”) is like making a good investment
- Melatonin is a powerful anti-cancer hormone
- Health professionals are generally unfit
- The World Health Organization states that shift-work is a class 3 carcinogen
- Melatonin supplementation can down regulate your body’s production over time
- 8-9 out of 10 Americans are deficient in magnesium + 100% of insomniacs
- Don’t exercise within 5 hours before bed
- Your heart loves magnesium
- Over-wearing a bra can lead to breast cancer
- Bras cause your breasts to sag
- Sex makes for a better night’s sleep
- The blue light from electronics before bed causes a reduction in melatonin
- Orange tinted glasses are a hack for those nights when you need extend your screen time
Links to things we mentioned:
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.