On today’s show, we are speaking with plant-based entrepreneur, Ruth Tal. Her journey into the restaurant business all started after consuming a carrot juice that blew her mind.
Ruth dropped out of university, took her OASP money and used it to open a mobile juice bar and vegan cafe in Toronto, Ontario – Juice For Life. Fresh Restaurants evolved from this cafe and is now 5 restaurants strong (4 in Toronto + 1 in Moscow) as it continues to grow.
We dig into the details of her inspiring health and business journey!
In this episode, we discuss:
- A carrot juice was the start of Fresh Restaurants
- Building a business from the roots up
- Kibbutz life
- Thriving on a plant-based diet
- Work-life balance… Is it possible as a new business owner?
- Getting fuelled by helping others + passion
- Happiness is a choice
- We need to stop obsessing over our diets
- Eat, juice, sweat, thrive
- Immersing yourself in a vibrant community
- Setting long term goals vs. going with the flow
- Ruth’s morning routine
Links to things we mentioned:
Ruth Tal’s Instagram
Ruth Tal – Super Fresh (book)
Ruth Tal – Fresh (book)
Marni Wasserman’s Fresh in Four (cooking classes)
Norman Walker – Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (book)
John Robbins – Diet For A New America (book)
Harvey Diamond – Fit For Life (book)
Stanley Burroughs – The Master Cleanser (book)
Re-Bar Restaurant (Victoria)
Greenhouse Juice Co.
The Good Press
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.