On today’s show, we are speaking with health & wellness authority, Rich Roll. He is an accomplished author, endurance athlete, speaker, and he hosts a top rated podcast – The Rich Roll Podcast.
We get into lots of off the beaten path topics with Rich that we haven’t heard him discuss before. Enjoy the ride!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Rich’s journey to becoming a leader in the health world
- The window diet
- How adversity can lead to success
- Rich’s accomplishments in endurance sport
- Rich’s journey into plant-based eating
- Is the vegan diet sustainable, longterm?
- Focus on making the best choice in the moment
- Plant-based foods that are excellent sources of protein
- The food with the highest concentration of protein by weight, on the planet
- Should we fear carbs + fats?
- Vegan, paleo, raw food… how can the various camps come together and work toward a common goal?
- A simple morning strategy that will have a profound impact on your health
- Superfoods are not the panacea to health
- It’s not about hacking your way to success
- Authenticity is everything
- The details of how Rich begins a typical day
- Any easy way to meditate, daily
- HIIT vs. endurance training
- Stop training in the gray zone
- Should we focus on our strengths or improve upon our weaknesses?
- A lack of talent can be overcome by hard work
- The importance of a solid support system, ideally in person
- Mood follows action
Links to things we mentioned:
Rich Roll’s website
Finding Ultra (Rich’s book)
The Plantpower Way (Rich’s new book)
Tolerant – The Gluten Free, Organic, Non-GMO Legume Pasta
Explore Asian Pasta (now Explore Cuisine)
10 Uncommon “Superfoods” from the World of Ultra-Endurance – Rich Roll (Tim Ferriss’ Blog)
Living Tea – Puerh Tea
The Obstacle Is The Way – Ryan Holiday (book)
The Artist’s Way – Julia Cameron (book)
Andy Puddicombe – Headspace Meditation App
WTF with Marc Maron Podcast
Russell Brand – The Trews (YouTube)
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.