On today’s show, we discuss a controversial topic in the health world, protein. Whether it be from plants, powders, animal flesh… there are so many ways to get your daily quota.
In the end, there is no one size fits all solution. We distill down the facts and you need to decide what works best for you.
Whether you go all in on plants or include some meat to satisfy your protein needs, one thing we can all agree on… quality is essential.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Our current favourite sources of protein
- Macro and micro nutrients
- Protein is needed for a healthy immune system
- Children, pregnant women, and athletes need more protein
- 30 grams of protein within the first 30 minutes of waking for weight loss
- We aren’t perfect
- All plants contain protein
- Ditch the faux meats
- Benefits of consuming meat
- Vitamin B12: cyanocobalamin vs. methylcobalamin
- If you only eat plants, make sure you are topped up on these nutrients
- Factory farms, hormones, methane gas, and other problems associated with eating meat
- Eat meat less often but insist on quality
- Greens are the #1 way to transform your health
- Plants (in general) are very alkaline forming in the body
- Large scale agriculture is killing animals, too
- It’s time to drop the diet labels… vegan, paleo, etc.
- Honour your own health journey
- Protein rich, plant-based foods
- Symptoms of protein deficiency
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)
TUHP Episode 7: Yes, You Can Fill Up On Plants!
TUHP Episode 13: Making Fitness Fun
Marni Wasserman – Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (book)
The Healthy Butcher (Toronto)
Tolerant red lentil pasta
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.