Today we speaking with health and wellness authority, Nathane Jackson. Nate has helped thousands of people from around the world through his online coaching programs. As a personal trainer and strength + conditioning coach, he is a wealth of knowledge in the realm of functional fitness, mobility and high intensity training. Nate specializes in holistic living and emphasizes the importance of a whole foods diet, exercise and proper sleep.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Nate’s journey to becoming a leader in the health world
- Nate’s health decline on a plant-based diet and what turned things around
- Nate’s current supplements
- Plant-based food sources of protein
- Should anyone be taking whey protein?
- When it comes to exercise, we need to focus on mobility first
- How to start incorporating mobility into your fitness routine
- Static stretching is the old school way of thinking
- The role of PNF stretching
- Dynamic stretching is key, pre-exercise
- How to incorporate a foam roller into your routine
- Endurance training does not make you fat
- The benefits of training grounded to the earth
- The importance of easing into barefoot training
- Why everyone needs a rebounder
- Help balance your hormones through diet, exercise and plenty of sleep
- The secret is to get your body moving
- Are cleansing and detoxifying necessary?
- The 80/20 rule and how it applies to your health
- Should we fear fats?
Links to things we mentioned:
Nathane Jackson’s website
Sunwarrior Warrior Blend protein powder
027: Shawn Stevenson – Optimize Your Sleep | Don’t Underestimate Walking | Blue-Light Blocking
002: The 6 Pillars of Health
Dr. Andreo Spina
The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes (podcast)
The Rich Roll Podcast
The Tim Ferriss Show (podcast)
The Five-Minute Journal
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.