This week we are speaking with holistic nutritionist and registered vet tech, Natasha Knutson. She is dedicated to guiding people and their animal companions toward thriving health. We dig deep into optimizing your pet’s health, naturally.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Natasha’s story and how she became passionate about holistic animal medicine
- Don’t buy pet food at the grocery store
- Cats and dogs thrive on a high protein, high moisture, & low starch diet
- Stay away from dry kibble
- Store bought food brands you can trust
- Dogs and cats need meat
- Choosing the right food for your pet
- Big no no foods for your cat and dog
- Finding a holistic vet in your area
- Alternatives to conventional spaying and neutering
- Vaccinating your pets, what are your options?
- Superfoods are great for your pets, too
- Your pets may be more sensitive than you to toxins and chemicals used in the home
- By living healthy, your pets will automatically be healthier
- Naturally caring for your pet’s teeth
- Why you want to avoid giving your dog cooked bones
- Eco pet toys… are we being greenwashed?
- Strategies that help our pets age gracefully
- Ticks, fleas, and mosquitos… alternative treatments?
- Numerous benefits you experience as a pet owner
Links to things we mentioned:
Natasha Knutson’s website (lettucechange.com)
Ontario holistic veterinary directory
Food, Inc. (documentary)
Dr. Karen Becker
Acana pet food
Merrick pet food
Nature’s Variety – Instinct pet food
Ascenta omega-3 supplements for pets
Beth Taylor and Karen Shaw Becker DVM – Dr. Becker’s Real Food for Healthy Dogs and Cats (book)*
Dr. Jean Dodds & Diana Laverdure – Canine Nutrigenomics (book)*
Deva Khalsa VMD – Dr. Khalsa’s Natural Dog (book)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
TUHP Facebook group
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.