This week, we’re speaking with functional nutrition expert, Mike Mutzel. His first book, The Belly Fat Effect, was published in the spring of 2014. Mike hosts a podcast of his own, High Intensity Health Podcast.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Mike’s journey into the world of health
- The factors that influence your gut bacteria
- The best diet is rich in fiber and phytonutrients
- How gastric bypass surgery really works
- Yoyo dieting causes a massive suppression of gut hormones
- Chew, chew, chew… start eating, mindfully
- Stop skipping breakfast
- Going for a walk isn’t meditating
- Combine fats with colour rich phytonutrients to prevent inflammation
- Mike’s morning routine
- Why you may want to consider switching to pea protein
- Is a faecal microbiota transplant (FMT) right for you?
- Are oral probiotics a good thing?
- Tips for buying a quality probiotic
- Probiotic supplements only work for 21 to 28 days
- Should you take probiotics with or without food?
- Don’t neglect prebiotics
- A healthy gut leads to a healthy immune system
- Factors that contribute to leaky gut syndrome
- Is gluten bad for everyone, always?
- Gluten free foods are NOT the answer
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)
Mike Mutzel’s website
Mike Mutzel – Belly Fat Effect (book)
Mike Mutzel – High Intensity Health Podcast
Toronto Vegetarian Food Festival
Four Sigma Foods <== 10% off all Four Sigma products (free shipping over $100)
Natural Products Expo East (Baltimore)
CHFA East (Toronto)
Marni Wasserman – Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (book)
039: Hal Elrod on TUHP
Xymogen – VegaPro
Xymogen – OptiCleanse GHI
Sally Fallon – Nourishing Traditions (book)
033: Rich Roll on TUHP
Eckhart Tolle – The Power of Now (book)
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition – Probiotic study Mike talked about
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.