Meghan Telpner is a Toronto-based author and nutritionist who brings her healthy and awesome life inspiration to fans across the globe. She’s the founder of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition and author of the bestselling UnDiet and The UnDiet Cookbook.
Josh Gitalis is a Clinical Nutritionist and is a recognized expert in the fields of clinical detoxification & therapeutic supplementation. He runs a Toronto-based private practice, with a worldwide client base. Josh is the first Canadian nutritionist to become an Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP).
Together this power couple will teach you how to transform your house into a healthy home.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Embrace the sacredness of your home
- Over 82,000 chemicals have been introduced into our environment over the past 100 years
- What’s polluting the air in our homes?
- The air in your home may be 2-5x more toxic compared to the air outside
- Filtering your air with a charcoal filter and plants
- Top plants for filtering the air in your home
- The importance of removing your shoes at the door
- There is no safe way to dispose of teflon
- The best materials for cookware
- Stop using your oven’s self cleaning mechanism
- The importance of a well ventilated stovetop
- The various types of water filters for your drinking water
- The types of water Meghan and Josh drink at home
- The pee-poo vortex
- Pooping in the proper position with the help of a Squatty Potty
- The importance of a shower filter
- Upgrade your next bath by adding vitamin C to the water
- Unscented vs. fragrance free
- Hormone disrupting chemicals are contributing to men becoming infertile
- Multiple uses for Dr. Bronner’s soap
- The scary truth about fabric brighteners
- A healthy alternative to traditional bleach
- Stop using the Costco laundry detergent
- Swap the dryer sheets for wool balls with essential oils
- Using essential oils to clean your home
- Transform your living room with cozy blankets, books, and by removing the TV
- Beware of off gassing from new Ikea furniture
- Splurging on a $10 travel alarm clock
- Does your couch contain 3 pounds of fire retardant chemicals?
- What to look for when investing in a quality mattress
- Greenwashing in the mattress industry – what to look for
- Transforming your home one thing at a time – don’t become overwhelmed
- Tackling the thing that scares you the most, first
Healthy At Home Course*
Meghan Telpner’s website
Sign up for Meghan’s Culinary Nutrition Expert Program (CNE) – The Academy of Culinary Nutrition*
Meghan Telpner – UnDiet (book)*
Meghan Telpner – The UnDiet Cookbook (book)*
Josh Gitalis’ website
Josh Gitalis’ Functional Nutrition Certification Program*
Meghan Telpner – 5 Essential Oils to Clean Your Home (blog)
Find A Spring
Santevia Shower Filter*
Dr. Bronner soap
Global Organic Textile Standard
Greenhouse Juice Co. – we did a 1 day cleanse
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app.
6. Share using the buttons below.