On this week’s episode, we are speaking with Julie Piatt aka Srimati. She is a plant-based chef, singer, songwriter, spiritual leader, and a mother of four.
Julie and her husband, Rich Roll, coauthored The Plantpower Way. This book is a family lifestyle guide on the power of plant-based eating, which includes 120 nutritious recipes.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Living in Alaska, a very harsh environment
- The origin of Julie’s spiritual name and what it means (Srimati)
- Julie’s spiritual path and rebellious years
- The role of music in Julie’s life
- Life as a creative and pushing through the tough times
- The illusion of security in today’s world
- The importance of spiritual connection
- The goal is for your life to become a meditation
- How Julie healed a large cyst in her neck, naturally
- Your unbalanced microbiome is causing your unhealthy cravings
- Family dynamics when it comes to food
- Julie’s morning routine
- Relaxing a bit when it comes to following recipes
- What’s up and coming in Julie’s world?
- Homeschooling, the next frontier in children’s education
- The traditional school system is broken
- Children need to experience creative play
- The unschooling movement
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)
Julie Piatt’s website
Julie Piatt & Rich Roll – The Plantpower Way (book)
Limitless Energy (Without Coffee) Resource
TUHP on Periscope
TUHP Episode 033: Rich Roll – Anti-Hack Your Life | Mood Follows Action | Hard Work > Talent
Sir Ken Robinson
Reggio Emilia approach
Race To Nowhere (documentary)
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.