Julie Daniluk is a nutritionist and the author of the award-winning bestseller, Meals That Heal Inflammation. She’s also written Slimming Meals That Heal and her brand new book, Hot Detox.
Julie’s appeared on hundreds of TV and radio shows including The Dr. Oz Show and she’s a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The essence of Hot Detox
- The warming and cooling qualities of foods
- Address your gut health first
- How to asses the current state of your gut health
- Do you have leaky gut?
- The link between pesticides and ADHD
- Optimizing your gut health and maintaining it
- Soup + smoothie = soupie
- Should you detox and cleanse with cold foods?
- How to warm up a salad
- Spark your digestion with herbs and spices
- Stick to ceylon cinnamon
- The three Ayurvedic dosha types – Vata, Pitta, & Kapha
- Stop overcooking your meals
- How to water sauté
- Oils that can stand high heat for cooking
- Bitter herbs and sour foods are great for digestion
- Is cayenne pepper good for you?
- Blending Ayurveda with Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Is the raw food diet right for you?
- Does our digestive fire naturally diminish as we age?
- The words cleanse and detox are being overused and watered down
- We haven’t evolved to eat cold food
- March is the perfect time to cleanse and detoxify
- Sauerkraut… a great source of vitamin C
- Power your brain with MCT oil
- The role of your lymphatic system and how to care for it
- Lymph brushing and lymph massage
- Hot and cold therapy and Julie’s love for infrared saunas
- A traditional sauna vs. an infrared sauna
- Enhance your sauna experience… pre, during, & post
- Julie’s morning routine (version 2.0)
- Upgrade your oral health with tongue scraping and oil pulling
- Alkalize your body with pranayama breathing
- Incorporate digestive bitters before your meals
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Follow TUHP on Instagram
Join our Facebook Community
Download our Habits app*
Julie Daniluk – Hot Detox (book)*
The Hot Detox Online Program*
Hot Detox book bonuses
Julie Daniluk – Slimming Meals That Heal (book)*
Julie Daniluk – Meals That Heal Inflammation (book)*
Julie Daniluk’s website
Follow Julie Daniluk on Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter
Listen to Julie previously on TUHP (episode #22 & #71)
Nature’s Way Premium Liquid Coconut Oil*
Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil (MCT Oil)*
Listen to Meghan Telpner previously on TUHP (episode #25 & #91)
Listen to Dom D’Agostino previously on TUHP (episode #133)
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.