On today’s episode, we are talking with Joe Cross, the star of the documentary “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.” This movie captures his health journey from severe illness to fit and healthy. What was at the core of this transformation? Juicing! We are talking about fresh fruit and vegetable juice to be exact. Enjoy Joe’s inspiring story that will leave you with many health strategies you can apply to your own routine.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Joe’s health journey
- The power of “rebooting” the body
- What exactly is a reboot?
- How the body reacts to a reboot/juice cleanse – the ups and downs
- Isn’t rebooting/juice cleansing extreme?
- The reasons people are still consuming processed, fast food
- How the world sets us up to fail when it comes to being healthy
- Dealing with the social pressures of eating healthy
- The importance of finding community/support when switching to a healthier lifestyle
- How important is organic, non-gmo produce?
- Consuming more fruits and vegetables through juices and smoothies – liquid nutrition
- Getting in the leafy greens… and the rest of the colours of the rainbow
- Joe’s healthy morning routine
- What types of foods Joe consumes throughout the day
- The role of superfoods in a healthy lifestyle
- Joe’s thoughts on supplementation
- And so much more!
Links to things we mentioned:
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.