JJ Virgin is a New York Times bestselling author, a prominent fitness and nutrition expert, public speaker and media personality.
JJ is internationally recognized as an expert in overcoming weight loss resistance and has helped thousands lose weight fast by addressing food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances.
JJ is a board certified nutrition specialist through The American College of Nutrition, she’s board certified in holistic nutrition, and she’s a certified nutrition and fitness specialist.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Fat doesn’t make you fat, sugar makes you fat
- It’s not about the calories in your food, it about what those calories tell your body to do
- Is the glycemic index useless?
- Glucose gives you fuel and fructose makes you fat
- Take it easy on the fruit
- What are the right sugars?
- All carbs (except for fibre) turn to sugar in your body
- You can think of milk as liquid sugar
- How addictive is sugar?
- Fat and sugar don’t mix
- Research shows weighing yourself daily leads to better weight maintenance
- How to know if you are a fat burner
- Stop eating every 2-3 hours
- Natural sweeteners with health benefits
- Honey and molasses are not health foods
- Agave is the worst natural sweetener, it will make you fat and hungry
- Artificial sweeteners mess with your gut microbiome
- Eating out, the healthy way
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
JJ Virgin’s website
JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet (book)*
JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook (book)*
JJ Virgin – The Virgin Diet (book)*
JJ Virgin – The Virgin Diet Cookbook (book)*
Paleovalley’s 100% Grass Fed Beef Snack Sticks
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.