JJ Virgin is a celebrity nutrition and fitness expert who teaches clients how to lose weight and master their mindset so they can lead bigger, better lives.
She is author of 4 New York Times bestsellers including The Virgin Diet and JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet – the latter is the focus of our previous interview with JJ.
JJ’s memoir, Miracle Mindset explores the powerful lessons in strength and positivity that she learned after her son Grant was the victim of a brutal hit-and-run accident – this is the focus of today’s show.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The hit-and-run accident that nearly took her son’s life
- You become like the 5 people you spend the most time with
- How to support a friend/family member who’s going through a challenging time
- Build confidence through contribution
- When you ask for help, you’re not taking something from someone
- Practicing extreme self-care
- What’s had the biggest impact on her son’s healing?
- Gratitude and looking at what went well each day
- Living in the gap and how to stay out of it
- Post traumatic stress disorder vs. post traumatic growth
- Don’t get stuck focusing on the “what ifs”
- If you’re anxious or depressed then your not in the present moment
- Forgiveness is an active process
- Blow up someones phone with loving text messages
Listen to JJ Virgin previously on TUHP (episode #112)
JJ Virgin – Miracle Mindset (book)*
You Are Stronger Than You Think (watch JJ’s documentary for FREE)
Follow JJ on Facebook
JJ Virgin – The Virgin Diet (book)*
JJ Virgin – The Virgin Diet Cookbook (book)*
JJ Vigin’s Sugar Impact Diet (book)*
JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook (book)*
JJ’s All-In-One Protein Bar (dark chocolate mocha)
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episode #61 & #159)
40 Years of Zen
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
CoreChair <== Apply the code tuhpcc at checkout for your listener discount (free shipping in North America)*
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your first order, and free shipping (US only)*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app.
6. Share using the buttons below.