This week’s episode features the creator of the Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls, Jill Miller. She is the author of The Roll Model, a book that guides you through simple self-massage techniques that will erase your pain and allow you to perform your best. Jill is the glue that connects the worlds of fitness, yoga, massage, and pain-management.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How the Yoga Tune Up (YTU) Therapy Balls came to be
- Self massage can be used to help emotionally regulate yourself
- The different YTU Therapy Balls and how they work
- Your organs like to be rolled/massaged too
- Fascia, what exactly is it?
- The various ways the YTU Therapy Balls can improve your health
- A great place to start doing myofascial work… your feet
- The secret to resetting your nervous system
- The connection between the muscles in your thumb to shoulder motion + neck pain
- Physio balls don’t make a good chair
- Sitting is the new smoking
- Physical inactivity… 4th leading cause of death on the planet
- Yes, you can overstretch your muscles
- Has your ass fallen over to the side from sitting too much?
- Standing all day at your desk isn’t the answer
- Sitting may not be the ideal position for meditation
- The 3 zones of breathing and which one is the most relaxing
- We need to stop crippling ourselves with technology
- No YTU Therapy Balls, no problem… you can do myofascial work with objects you already have around your home
- How to find your stretch barrier
Links to things we mentioned:
Habits app for iOS
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)
Jill Miller’s website
Jill Miller – The Roll Model (book)
Jill’s YouTube channel
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies
TUHP #64 – Katy Bowman
Katy Bowman – Don’t Just Sit There (book)
Active Release Techniques (ART)
Renegade Roasting Co.
Nibmor – organic and natural dark chocolate bars
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.