On this week’s show, we dig deep into a hot topic in the health world… FAT.
Fat, one of 3 macronutrients in our diets that seems to be either loved or feared, by most. We’re here to get you excited about eating high fat by debunking 5 misconceptions about fat.
You will also hear some of our favourite fats and how we go about including them into our diet.
We also get into cholesterol and how it’s essential for thriving health.
Enjoy the conversation!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Eat fat to enhance your brain function
- Debunking 5 misconceptions about fat
- Sugar is the culprit when it comes to packing on the pounds
- Not all calories are created equally
- Stop fearing saturated fats
- MCT oil… rocket fuel for your brain
- Trans fats and saturated fats aren’t similar
- Grass fed meats contain more omega-3s compared to factory farmed meats
- We need to get more specific when looking at LDL cholesterol
- Heat stable oils you can cook with
- The difference between coconut oil and coconut butter
- Simple (and complex) ways of incorporating more fat into your diet
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Join our community on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Listen to Mark Hyman previously on TUHP (episodes #74 & #84)
Listen to JJ Virgin previously on TUHP (episode #112)
Listen to Abel James previously on TUHP (episode #75)
Listen to Sean Croxton previously on TUHP (episode #114)
Listen to Dr. Kellyann Petrucci previously on TUHP (episode #72)
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episode #61)
Listen to the JingSlingers previously on TUHP (episode #113)
Bulletproof – Brain Octane Oil*
Dragon Herbs – Spring Dragon Longevity Tea*
NutraVege – plant-sourced omega-3 high in EPA + DHA
Jesse’s easy guacamole recipe
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.