Dr. Michael Greger is a physician, New York Times bestselling author, and internationally recognized professional speaker on a number of important public health issues. He scours the world’s nutrition research to bring you free daily videos and articles over at NutritionFacts.org.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Michael’s grandmother inspired him to pursue a career in medicine
- Reversing disease with a plant-based diet and lifestyle modifications
- The critical role of your gut microbiome
- Our gut microbiome feeds on fibre and resistant starch
- Corrupt health and wellness research
- The truth can’t remain buried (for too long)
- The Daily Dozen
- Is buying organic food really worth it?
- Are you wasting your time avoiding gluten?
- The importance (or lack thereof) of supplementation
- You have a great deal of control over your health
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Dr. Michael Greger – How Not to Die (book)*
Dr. Michael Greger’s website (NutritionFacts.org)
Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen app iOS/Android
Dr. T. Colin Campbell – The China Study (book)*
Forks Over Knives (documentary)*
Michael Pollan – Cooked (documentary)
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.