Today, we have Dr. Karen Becker back on the podcast for round 2! If you haven’t heard part 1, you can listen to this episode first but be sure to go back and listen to our first chat (episode #109) here. Listening to both episodes will provide you with a full circle understanding of holistic pet care.
Dr. Karen Becker is a proactive and integrative wellness veterinarian. Her approach seeks to save you and your pet from unnecessary stress and suffering by identifying and removing health obstacles before disease occurs. Karen works with Dr. Mercola, providing cutting edge holistic pet information over on his website, Healthy Pets.
In this episode, we discuss:
- All dogs (big and small) get the same dose of vaccines
- Over vaccination can lead to an autoimmune disease in dogs
- Splitting up vaccines is a really great idea
- The one and three year rabies vaccine is the exact same thing
- The basics to ask your vet before the syringe comes out
- Animals that eat right don’t need any supplements, most of the time
- 3 supplements to consider if you can’t afford the best pet food
- Supplements that support joint health as your pet ages
- Coconut oil is a very healthy fat for both cats & dogs
- Know the source when it comes to bones and chews
- Use raw bones to keep your dog’s teeth clean
- Teach the drop it command to help with resource guarding
- Brushing your pets teeth… here’s how to start
Dr. Karen Becker previously on TUHP (part 1 – episode #109)
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Dr. Karen Becker’s website
Healthy Pets with Dr. Karen Becker on Mercola.com
Dr. Karen Becker – Dr. Becker’s Real Food for Healthy Dogs and Cats (book)*
Natural Pet Productions – no longer exists
HealthForce Nutritionals Green Mush*
Dr. Mercola’s Dental Gel for Pets
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.