Dr. Kara Fitzgerald is a naturopathic doctor and is an Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner. She is also on faculty at the Institute for Functional Medicine. Kara completed a post-doctorate position in nutritional biochemistry and laboratory science.
Kara is the lead author of both Case Studies in Integrative and Functional Medicine and Methylation Diet and Lifestyle. She has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Kara’s prior health challenge and recovery
- Kara Fitzgerald… the early years
- Functional medicine and when Kara was first introduced to it
- Methylation 101
- The negative consequences of stress on your health
- Your gut, skin, and oral microbiomes
- Your oral microbiome is arguably as important as your gut microbiome
- Caring for your skin microbiome
- Applying probiotics topically?!?
- Allergies, food sensitivities, and food intolerances
- Seasonal allergies
- All allergies are on the rise, in all populations
- Not all farmed fish are bad
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)*
Dr. Kara Fitzgerald’s website
Methylation Diet and Lifestyle (book)
Dr. Kara Fitzgerald – Case Studies in Integrative and Functional Medicine (book)*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.