Dr. Justin Marchegiani is a certified functional medicine practitioner that works with a wide variety of patients all the way from athletes trying to increase performance and heal from injuries to the everyday person with chronic health challenges. Using a holistic approach, he addresses core underlying barriers to health which allows his patients to heal faster and feel better.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How did Justin fall into functional medicine?
- Every bite of food either pushes you toward inflammation or anti-inflammation
- How Tom Brady starts his day
- Emphasizing good proteins and fats, in the morning
- Gut issues may NOT cause gut symptoms
- 80% of your immune system is in your gut
- Is there any value in food allergy testing?
- The autoimmune template… not diet
- Vegans and vegetarians going AIP or paleo to heal
- To sustain life, you have to consume life
- How important are supplements?
- Justin’s a huge fan of digestive enzymes and HCL
- What really helped Justin’s Hashimoto’s
- NDT and desiccated thyroid
- What’s the deal with H. pylori?
- How are infections “passed around?”
- What are the most common parasites Justin is seeing in practice?
- Ingesting worms on purpose?!?
- Stop kissing your dog on the lips
- Specific herbs to treat microbial infections
- When intermittent fasting isn’t a good idea
- Testing for environmental toxins and heavy metals
- SIBO: small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
- With low energy comes poor mood
- Start your day right, with momentum
- What does Justin’s breakfast look like?
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100*
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)*
Four Sigmatic <== 10% off all Four Sigmatic products & free shipping over $100*
Dr. Justin Marchegiani’s website
Listen to Justin’s podcast (Beyond Wellness Radio)
Listen to Evan Brand previously on TUHP (episode #200)
Tom Brady – The TB12 Method (book)*
Trace Minerals Research – Endure*
Redmond – Real Salt*
Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory – GI-MAP
The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc.
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app*.
6. Share using the buttons below.