Dr. Joseph Mercola is a passionate advocate of natural medicine. He is a wellness champion and a visionary, who has succeeded in implementing much needed changes to our current healthcare system. Dr. Mercola is also a New York Times bestselling author.
After 25 years as a physician to thousands of patients, Dr. Mercola merged his passion for health with his interest in technology and created www.mercola.com. Today it’s the #1 natural health website, educating and empowering millions of subscribers to take control of their health.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Dr. Mercola’s personal experience with a high carb, low fat diet
- The role of your mitochondria
- The primary motivation for writing his new book, Fat for Fuel
- Miochondrial metabolic therapy (MMT)
- We all need some free radicals
- Changing up your macro nutrients throughout the week
- There is a massive difference between fasting and starvation
- Eliminating food cravings
- If you’re eating processed foods, you’re eating toxic vegetable oils
- The most important fat you can eat… DHA
- There isn’t much clean seafood around, these days
- A simple and effective way to travel with avocados
- The vast majority of restaurants don’t label their fish properly
- Costco is a good place to buy your olive oil
- The danger of consuming too much protein
- Sensible sun exposure is important
- Integrating gratitude into your life
- (Raw) eggs are one of the healthiest foods on the planet
- The quality of an egg can be determined by the colour of the yolk
- Stop eating at least 3 hours before bed
- What is peak fasting?
- LED lightbulbs are hurting your eyes
- Blue light blockers are a must
- Dr. Mercola’s morning routine
- Optimizing mitochondrial function with cold thermogenesis
- Protecting your testicles with ice, in the sauna
- The highlights of Dr. Mercola’s smoothie
- The three things you need to do to stay healthy
- A hour a day in the gym just doesn’t cut it
Dr. Joseph Mercola – Fat for Fuel (book)*
Dr. Joseph Mercola’s website
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episode #61)
Nick Lane – Power, Sex, Suicide: Mitochondria and the Meaning of Life (book)*
Travis Christofferson – Tripping over the Truth (book)*
Jimmy Moore & Dr. Jason Fung – The Complete Guide to Fasting (book)*
Larry Olmsted – Real Food/Fake Food (book)*
Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt
Dr. Thomas Seyfried – Cancer as a Metabolic Disease (book)*
Uvex Blue Light Blocking Glasses*
Dr. Lawrence Wilson – Sauna Therapy for Detoxification and Healing (book)*
Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil*
Ketone Energy MCT Oil
Download our Habits app*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app.
6. Share using the buttons below.