This week’s featured guest is Dr. Joel Kahn, a cardiologist and founder of the Kahn Center for Cardiac Longevity. He’s launched a campaign to prevent 1 million heart attacks through healthy living. Joel is the #1 bestselling author of The Whole Heart Solution and Dead Execs Don’t Get Bonuses.
In this episode, we discuss:
- You can detect heart disease early on and reverse it
- We have so far to go before hospitals become health centres
- The gut-heart connection
- Probiotics have been shown to lower blood pressure & cholesterol
- How toxic food negatively effects your artery function
- The paleo diet vs. the low-fat vegan diet… how can both be healthy?
- The only diet that helps clean up your arteries is plant-based low-fat
- The 3 things Joel recommends to each of his patients
- The rate of heart disease has dropped over the last 30 years but has now plateaued
- Most people who have heart disease, don’t know it
- Early detection of heart disease… 3 strategies
- Heart healthy foods are often red in colour
- TMAO causes a blockage in your arteries and messes with your HDL (good cholesterol)
- Is Splenda disrupting your gut microbiome?
- Splenda can be metabolized in your body into ammonia and formaldehyde… scary!
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Dr. Joel Kahn’s website
Dr. Joel Kahn – The Whole Heart Solution (book)*
Dr. Joel Kahn previously on TUHP (episode #18)
Seth Godin – The Dip (book)*
Ban Hospital Food CarciNOgens Facebook Page
Vani Hari (Food Babe) previously on TUHP (episode #20)
David Perlmutter – Grain Brain (book)* & Brain Maker (book)*
Dr. Daniel Amen
Tana Amen previously on TUHP (episode #63)
Super Size Me (documentary)*
Mark Hyman previously on TUHP (episode #84 & episode #74)
Dr. Dean Ornish
Dr. Neal Barnard
Dr. Gabriel Cousins
Dr. John McDougall
Rallis ice pressed olive oil
Forks Over Knives (documentary)*
Plant Pure Nation food delivery
22 Days vegan meal delivery
21 Day Vegan Kickstart
The Widowmaker (documentary)*
Dr. Gregers / Nutritionfacts.org – Effect of Sucralose (Splenda) on the Microbiome (video)
Dr. David Katz
Headspace (guided meditation)
Inner Balance by HeartMath*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.