Dr. Jill Carnahan is your functional medicine expert. She uses functional medicine to help you find answers to the cause of your illness and the nutritional and biochemical imbalances that may be making you feel ill.
Jill is also 10-year survivor of breast cancer and Crohn’s disease and she’s passionate about teaching patients how to “live well” and thrive in the midst of complex and chronic illness.
Jill is a prolific writer, speaker, and loves to infuse others with her passion for health & healing.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Jill’s battle with breast cancer and Crohn’s disease
- The Specific Carbohydrate Diet
- Combining conventional and alternative therapies
- The importance of a solid support system during challenging times
- Keys to a happy relationship
- You can (and will) change your gut microbiome with the food you eat
- Fear, anxiety, and what you think of yourself effect your body and your immune system
- The gut-mind connection
- Jill’s experience with mold exposure
- Mold toxicity effects different people… differently
- Indoor molds are so much more toxic these days
- What to do after being exposed to mold
- Signs and symptoms of mold toxicity
- Testing your body and home for mold toxicity
- SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) 101
Marni’s recent blog post – Ketones for Energy, Focus & Well Being
Pruvit – KETO//OS exogenous ketones (US/Canada)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
CoreChair <== 10% off your CoreChair purchase – Apply the code tuhpcc at checkout (free shipping in North America)*
Dr. Jill Carnahan’s website
Elaine Gottschall – Breaking the Vicious Cycle (book)*
The Indoor Air Quality Association
American Council for Accredited Certification
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.