Dr. Deanna Minich is an internationally-recognized teacher, author, scientist, speaker, and artist. Her Doctoral (Ph.D.) research focused on essential fatty acid absorption and metabolism, and her Master’s degree (M.S.) allowed her to explore the health benefits of the colourful, plant-based carotenoids.
Deanna has authored five books on health and wellness and over fifteen scientific publications. Currently, she is Faculty for the Institute for Functional Medicine and the University of Western States.
Deanna’s passion is teaching a whole-self approach to nourishment and bridging the gaps between science, spirituality, and art in medicine.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Deanna’s recent sabbatical and what she took away from her trip to Iceland
- Deanna, the early years and how her Mom brought her into the health world
- There is more to health besides food
- The power of a single thought
- The negative impact of horror movies and the news on your wellbeing
- Being pessimistic leads to inflammation in the body
- Chronic stress leads to immune dysfunction
- Be aware of the messages from our body and start listening to them
- This is the age of looking at the body as a unified whole
- Hormones, the connection between mind and body
- The relationship between colours and your health
- The healing power of creative expression
- The connection between blue/purple foods and your brain
- Most people aren’t eating enough blue/purple foods
- The colours of your clothes and environment matter
- Other blue/purple foods besides blueberries
- Does blue-green algae count as a blue food?
- Colours in plants can be hidden under other colours
- Small, consistent changes toward your health goals is key
- Sleep without an alarm, if you can
- Re-evaluate your relationship with colour
Viamede, a “boldly different” kind of vacation
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Follow TUHP on Instagram
Join our Facebook Community
Download our Habits app*
Dr. Deanna Minich – Whole Detox (book)*
Dr. Deanna Minich’s website
Like Dr. Deanna Minich on Facebook
Dr. Deanna Minich – Go Green: 4 Ways to Revitalize with 2017’s Color of the Year
Dr. Deanna Minich – The Kitchen as Sanctuary & Art Studio
Dr. Deanna Minich – The Spectrum Quiz
Dr. Stephen Covey
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.