Diane Sanfilippo is the owner and founder of Balanced Bites, a certified nutrition consultant, and a two-time New York Times bestselling author of Practical Paleo and The 21-Day Sugar Detox. She is also the co-author of Mediterranean Paleo Cooking.
Diane co-hosts the top-rated weekly health podcast, The Balanced Bites Podcast.
Diane lives in San Francisco with her husband, Scott, and two fur kids.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The fundamentals of paleo
- White rice can be part of a healthy diet
- Almost everything we know about good nutrition is wrong
- How carbs fit into the paleo diet
- Plants have built in defence mechanisms
- The health benefits of eating paleo
- Paleo approved sweeteners
- The paleo diet vs. the ketogenic diet
- The story of fats
- The less saturated the fat, the less stable it is
- Healthy fats you will want to start eating
- What Diane eats in a day
- Paleo snacks in between meals or on the run
- Prioritizing yourself first thing in the morning
- As a busy entrepreneur, how Diane prevents burnout
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Diane Sanfilippo – Practical Paleo, 2nd Edition (book)*
Diane Sanfilippo’s website – Balanced Bites
The Balanced Bites Podcast
Diane Sanfilippo – The 21-Day Sugar Detox (book)*
Diane Sanfilippo – The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook (book)*
Caitlin Weeks, Chef Nabil Boumrar, & Diane Sanfilippo – Mediterranean Paleo Cooking (book)*
Diane’s 6-Minute Salmon
Chris Masterjohn – The Daily Lipid
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.