Dave Asprey is the creator of the widely popular Bulletproof Coffee, host of the #1 health podcast, Bulletproof Radio, and author of the New York Times bestselling books, The Bulletproof Diet and Head Strong.
In this episode, we discuss:
- When Dave was 26 he was scared his brain would never work again
- Mitochondria have ultimate power over us biologically
- Muffin top in the brain
- Stop eating fried foods… even foods fried in coconut oil
- The vast majority of the plant kingdom is toxic for us to eat
- Plant lectins can lead to chronic inflammation
- Choose white rice over brown
- The vast majority of plant proteins are not particularly compatible with us
- Air frying and barbecuing – should you cook using these methods?
- Fat is damaged by light, heat, and air
- Avoid liquid smoke and stick with smoked salts
- What are polyphenols?
- Salt is important for your health and performance
- Stressed, working hard? You need more salt
- Tea, coffee, and spices have the highest concentration of polyphenols per gram
- If you store water when you eat salt, you are lacking potassium and magnesium
- How to properly care for your quality spices
- Rejected coffee is being sent to the US
- Fats helps you absorb polyphenols
- Junk light is the same as junk food
- What’s even better than blue blocking glasses?
- Is the light coming from a salt lamp legit?
- Junk light impacts your skin too
- The one minute cold shower challenge
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episode #61)
Dave Asprey – Head Strong (book)*
Dave Asprey’s website (Bulletproof)
Bulletproof Radio (Dave’s podcast)
Follow Dave on Instagram and Facebook
Dave Asprey – The Bulletproof Diet (book)*
Dave Asprey – Bulletproof: The Cookbook (book)*
The Bulletproof Diet Roadmap
Bulletproof Coconut Charcoal*
Bulletproof Unfair Advantage*
Bulletproof Swiss Water Decaf Coffee*
Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil*
Bulletproof Eye Armor*
Beekeeper’s Naturals – B.LXR Brain Fuel
Tim Ferriss – The 4 Hour Body (book)*
Rob Faigin – Natural Hormonal Enhancement (book)*
TrueDark glasses: Twilight and Daywalker box set*
Red LED light bulbs*
40 Years of Zen
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
CoreChair <== Apply the code tuhpcc at checkout for your listener discount (free shipping in North America)*
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your first order, and free shipping (US only)*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app.
6. Share using the buttons below.